Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just Walking Around

My favorite blogs are those where the bloggers share things from their personal lives. Funny stuff, interesting tidbits, emotional moments, etc. I would do that today, but nothing too interesting has gone on around here in the past few days. I'm just doing the regular, everyday, Mom stuff. I read a great verse today that did inspire me especially for regular days.


Romans 12: 1 (The Message)
"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him."


I take this to mean that even if I am just "walking around," I should be doing it for God and be glad for what he is doing in me. Practical application? Well, I just finished dusting. That is a perfectly annoying job that never ends and only the most detail oriented husband or child actually notices that you have done it. It is not appreciated unless that heavy layer of dust is obvious on your furniture and someone writes you messages in it. If you don't let it get to that point, does anyone even notice your effort? Yup--God does. He notices you taking care of your family and caring for your material things.


I'm grateful to be a wife and a mom. I'm thankful for my home which isn't big enough some days, but has a little mortgage payment that makes me smile and breathe easier! I'm thankful for the things that gather dust in my house--the picture frame holding my daughter's pretty photo, the vase we bought in her birth country when we adopted her, the computer that keeps me connected to family and friends.


It's really not that hard for me to "work" for the Lord, when I go at it with a grateful heart. Wherever you are today, whether working in a busy office, car pooling to soccer practice, checking your favorite blogs or just walking around, remember that God is with you!

No comments: